Thursday, 15 January 2009

For Yiru, Iris, Yihui, Elaine, Teeli, Desmond and Pal

Really, if not because I saw the blog message, I would have headed straight towards facebook to upload my Greece photos.

So, yup, not bad, I still have a very few visitors to my blog, but never mind, as long as there is someone, I would do it for you. Who else wants dedication? Haha :)

Anyway, updates or Ms Tan's stories? How about updates but where shall I start before I start to bore you?

Year 2008 ended with many uncertainties, and yes, year 2009 started with the same boredom and resistance. Work is not something which I looked forward to anymore, and so I started to dream... not really dream, I started to do something to my new year resolutions.

License, not really yet. I tried to go for one lesson but ended cancelling it. Why? Because the instructor's was stationed in the East, to be more specific, in Ubi/Eunos. I thought it was alright to take train to Eunos and just go for 1.5 hour of lesson and head home... but Pak Kay and other friends reminded me that the journey itself would demotivate me because it was really very far!!! So, to save myself the trouble of training bus to MRT station, then from Lakeside to Eunos (worse, take bus to Ubi driving centre), I thought I would try to hide for an instructor in the West. I am barely two months at the new address, and since for the past almost 30 years I was in the East, I am really lost when it comes to finding someone to teach a clumsy girl.

And, I had started writing something!!! Muhahahaha! I started off on the new itouch before I go to bed when I remembered. Stuck. Because, I don't know what I want to write about. Guess I am trained to think of the unique selling point, and I had not have a theme in mind yet. No storyboard, just the name of the female lead. I had a few paragraphs of something and it was really not easy to be a writer. Just how did they spin things out from the air? Of course, romance stories are more or less the same, male lead is handsome, aloof, rich, proud, charimastic and smart, female lead is pretty, witty, sensitive, emotional, sensual, protective and the female always end up bringing out the best in the male. Detective stories... hard to write anything, because I do not follow news and Crime Watch, how to write something when I couldn't imagine a murder scene??! Sigh, so still stuck with no storyboard... think out of the box, think out of the box!!!

O! I just started my first Japanese class tonight!!!! Hehe... wa, I am very stressed because I am really learning too slow :( Pak Kay, A-mei (my cousin) and Huat (my cousin-in-law) signed up for the Beginner 1 course too. Pak Kay has phD (YEAH! He finally passed and is done with phD... I wonder when I can be Mrs Dr Tang... mmm...), A-mei has a 2nd class honours, Huat has a Master... all of them had such good track records, and I was just a Pass with Merit :( sigh... then during the class, they caught on faster too, they were on par with the sensei when we practised writing the Kirigana and I only had time to copy down the pronounication and I had so many blanks! Low morale.. I really have to work harder... Watashi wa work harder desu. Hahahahaha.

As for the travelling around the world part, I guess I will just have to enjoy the moments of uploading my Greece photos onto Facebook for the time being. I am so tempted to join Sharon and the girls for the trip to Japan in April but... I guess, let's save the money.

Hehe, I think I love Pak Kay a little more each day :p

So mushy...

But I like... Haha...

We talked about us, FINALLY, after being together for almost six years now. Not that I am looking forward to getting married, but at least, I got him talking about his plans and I told him my plans too.

"I want to talk to you." I said one night when he was at my place.

"What do you want to talk about?" he asked.

"How old am I now?" I asked innocently.

"30," he said in a flat tone, paying attention to Baby and Maomao (both softtoys) than to me.

"Huh? How old am I?" I thought the politically correct answer should be 29 although I just turned 28 like less than 3 months ago..

"30!" he repeated. Damn! Ok, never mind, some people are supertitous when it comes to those ages near the end of the decade.

"How old are you?" I asked, changing topic.

"30."

"If you had a chance to go overseas to study, and I said I won't be going with you, will you still go?"

"Huh.. maybe lor... dunno, see first."

"What if I say I would go with you?"

"Is it? Then we go lor!!" he said excitedly.

"So, if you are 30 now, after your bond, you will be 32 and I will be 31. If you still have to do two years of MBA, by the time you finished with MBA, you will be 34 and me 33. Are you going to marry me?" I asked, slowly pulling him into my trap...

"Ya la!" he replied, still playing with the toys.

"When are you going to marry me then?"

"This year lor," he replied shyly.

"Do you have intention to have the wedding dinner? You can't get married as and when you want and expect there to be a hotel available for the dinner." I argued irritated.

"ROM this year then dinner next year lor!"

Gotcha! :p

"Then when are we going to have babies?"

"When you are 31 or so lor."

"So, you have no intention to save two person's time after marrying???" I want to faint...

"Then babies when you are 32 or 33 lor." O no, I am going to be a old mummy :(

"Ok.. then if you are going to study MBA overseas, who will take care of the baby?"

"You!"

"Idiot! I don't have to work is it?"

"Then I take care lor."

"You don't have to study hor?"

"Aiya, then we take turns lor!" As if things are so simple....

"So, when are you going to propose to me????!" I probed. Haha.

"How can you be so thick-skinned?" he was half shocked and half shy.

"It is not the first time that I asked you this question."

.......

That conversation had kept me happy for a long time... still happy... :D

We are doing more things together now. We are planning to go exercise together, maybe sign up for a gym package but how come they are all located in or near town? I have to take almost an hour to reach home :( no motivation... we are also taking Japanese together.... we have dinner together more often now too, because Mummy has to work, I can't cook for nuts, hence no dinner at home. So although Pak Kay's mother's cooking style isn't exactly the top on my list, I can save alot of money eating at his place leh :p plus, he can drive me home after that.. hehe, more time together :p

I want to be a xin fu xiao nu er... but can I choose not to cook? Haha.

2 comments:

星空 said...

xin fu nu ren can have maid one... haha...

good for you, pal. i can feel your happiness :) but lots of planning to do man!

knottymomo said...

yeah... I am xin fu n I nvr cook. hehehe.